Monday, December 20, 2010

Ice Chips, 7 up, and a sweet sweet smile!

I blog about my life as a teacher a lot... so it is only appropriate that i blog about my sweet Becca

I am procrastinating getting ready for my 15 year old student's funeral...1 I am a procrastinator and two I don't want to have to pick out an outfit to wear to Becca's funeral.(seems corny i know, but i just don't want to get ready) We are all suppose to wear something BRIGHT!! Which makes perfect since. Never would I have thought I would have to be going to a funeral for one of my former students already. I am totally heart broken to say the least... One of my favorite mentor's told me that if you care about you students first and curriculum second 1...they will learn more and 2 you will make a bigger difference. So from then on out that is what I do. That being said when Becca found out she was pregnant with sweet baby Cole... I cared for her needs as young pregnant student, and then I cared for academic needs...which ended up making her a successful student!!!

Becca was in Reed's third period class which always made more things interesting! When visiting her mom, she even made a comment to Reed about how he always gave me HECK! True STORY!!! So that class was always special! Not only had I known most of those kids for a long time, but they were all a sweet group of kids! I think Becca being one of Reed's friends makes it that much harder!


Enough with the sadness... I want to talk about all the SWEEEEETTTTT times I had with Becca and third period

1. She always needed Ice chips...she had heart burn and she always would ask do you mind if I get a 7 up! I would let her eat her ice and drink her 7 up, but was always jealous when I didn't have my own drink!
2. I loved it when she got on to Reed or other boys for talking or doing what he was not supposed to be doing! I'll never forget when one of my boy's tooted and she about jump his case!!! It was funny and all gave us a laugh!
3. In group projects...she would always get mad if her group wasn't on task and didn't mind letting the whole class know who was off task (she might have even yelled) (my kinda girl)
4. Following your heart- we had many of these discussions... I loved them!
5. "I think you need a hug" Some days it was me giving becca hugs other days it was her giving me a hug
6. Her pony tails on top of her head with her Ribbon!
7. Last but not least her strength, integrity, and pride- Not a day went that Becca didn't hold her head up high. She was a hard worker who knew what she wanted, and was not going to let anyone get in her way. After running in to her on the Tuesday before she died, I knew she was doing exactly what she was supposed to be doing. I gave her the 21 question test...and she def. passed!!! She was being an AWESOME mother at 15 and a perfect student. I am 24 and don't know if I would be handling school and being a full time mommy like she was. I am so encouraged by strength!!

My last words to Becca on Tuesday were "Have a good Christmas" I truly believe that this Christmas will be one she will NEVER forget! She is with her precious baby in a Heavenly place!

I love you BECCA and I will never forget your sweet smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment