Sunday, September 12, 2010

the cards you have been dealt with

I often tell my kids @ school or at the gym that "these are the cards you have been dealt with.... so DEAL with it" I always tell them that I don't really care to hear their sob stories because believe it or not we all have them. Some worse than others but that is just life... I try to make them strong and let them know that just because you have a daddy in jail, a mom that works two jobs, or you have been deeply hurt does not mean you can't give a 100 percent and do you best everyday... So this past week I have been dealt with

1. missing my sister a lot. I hate not having her here. I hate not seeing her play ball every week... i hate it
2. my car getting broken into then being late to school and for once all my tutoring kiddos show up, and I am not there...
3. having to wait in line 2.5 hrs at the DPS with some not so nice people
4. having to rely on my parents to get money out for me because my debit card was stolen
5. a good friend hurting my feelings
6. driving down 75 with one of my sweeeet friends throwing up out my window and trying to communicate with me but couldn't i felt horrible but could't stop
7. meeting someone during duty telling me she lost her mother 2 months ago, moved to irving and is now living with her dad who has 9 children and had only met her dad a few tmes.
8. immature parents @ they gym (yes I SAID it... it is time to grow up or find a new team!!!)
9. being single for about a year now and just realizing that life does keep moving on... i always wonder why God puts someone in our lives just to take them out


It has been a rough week and weekend for me. I usually NEVER EVER have bad weeks much less tough weekends. Sometimes I guess we have t have tough weekends to re-evaluate our lives. I am usually happy upbeat and try not to let anything bother me. I guess I always just deal with what I have been dealt with.... but sometimes we break. Maybe I shouldn't be so tough on my kids allll the time. Maybe they need a melt down once in a while. I can say that through the week and weekend... i have a huge support system. My sweet close friends and family are always there. Whether its to make me laugh, cry with me, send me weird funny videos, invite me to eat with them, or clean up throw up off my car while I am sleeping... you all are truly amazing! Thank you for shaping and making me who I am today

No comments:

Post a Comment