Wednesday, June 9, 2010

When I look into the sky...

When it rains it poors.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfge4zyIBA

Today has been a pretty challangening day! It started off okay... I had to work which I have decided that my summer really isn't going to be much of a summer. I have got myself involved in quite of few things (which is fine...it keeps me and my mind busy)

On the way home from the gym... i stopped by my dad's house and Neely comes out and ask me to take her to Braums. She has been a bit on irritated side with me lately so I was surprised she wanted me to take her. Of course I say yes... I have a hard time saying NO which is part of the reason I am not going to have a summer! Anyways... It started raining on the way to Braums and I see one of my former students walking home in the rain in her uniform from summer school. She comes around to my window and says hi! I tell her to get in and she responds with , "No Ms. Cowen you know you can't take students home remember" (SWEET KID I tell ya) I tell her that she is no longer one of my students and to get in. We start talking about how she used to call me ugly, make fun of my "beauty mark" on my face, and she used to tell me I always had boogers! She is in my back seat, and I can see her tear up in my review mirror. She didn't want me to have to see where she lived. My heart broke! I took her to her apartment. She lives in a two bed room with 6 people....

I am not sure if its the weather or what, but today continued to be a sad day today! I am not good with change, and I have now been out of my routine for almost 3 days now. I miss my classroom, consistent work, my kids, and my co workers. I am sure it will only take a week or so to get in summer mode!

The one thing I do love about summer is NAPS! I think I have taken one every day now! They are pretty sweeeeett!


No comments:

Post a Comment